Haptic feedback on AW4

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
Just gone from the 2 to the 4 and find the haptic feedback very weak even though I have set it to prominent.
So much so I was doing the breathe today and could hardly tell when it was telling me to breathe in!

Anyone else find this?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2012
England
Just gone from the 2 to the 4 and find the haptic feedback very weak even though I have set it to prominent.
So much so I was doing the breathe today and could hardly tell when it was telling me to breathe in!

Anyone else find this?
Yes been mentioned a few times. It’s definitely weaker on the S4!

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
My 4 is really strong on prominent. I mean really strong. So strong you can hear it as well as feel the haptic feedback. It’s that strong.

Reactions: SDColorado

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2012
England
I posted about this issue when the S4 was first released and the general consensus was that is is indeed weaker than previous models. It’s interesting you two say it’s stronger. Have you had your watches since launch?

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I posted about this issue when the S4 was first released and the general consensus was that is is indeed weaker than previous models. It’s interesting you two say it’s stronger. Have you had your watches since launch?
I got mine from Apple in December.

Reactions: SDColorado

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

Anyone else find this?
Yes, I have to say this: but I also think the haptic sensation really depends on how tight you’re wearing your watch band. Quite a few members have mentioned that the haptic sensation doesn’t feel as pronounced as it did with previous models, but they were wearing their watch bands more loose, which will take away from the haptic sensation. Adjust your watchband accordingly, see if that makes a difference.

jazz1

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Would the type/fit/tightness of the watchband cause varying results? I guess I'll try to pay more attention as I switch out bands. Right now alerts on my metal Speidel seem weaker compared to my leather bands. I've missed a few alerts its seems using the Speidel. Maybe I'm imagining things?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Would the type/fit/tightness of the watchband cause varying results? I guess I'll try to pay more attention as I switch out bands. Right now alerts on my metal Speidel seem weaker compared to my leather bands. I've missed a few alerts its seems using the Speidel. Maybe I'm imagining things?
I find the haptic sensation is the strongest when wearing the sport band, the nylon band, Or even a leather band, because you can the band with such a tight tolerance on the wrist, which allows for haptic sensation to have a stronger vibration felt throughout.

Now, when wearing the link band, Milanese loop, etc., the problem with those bands when it comes to the haptic sensation, is the metal can ‘absorb’ the vibration, which seems to lessen/weaken the vibration that you will be able to actually feel with the vibration . At least, that’s my own theory/experience.

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
I have it on a ML and it’s defo weaker than the aw2. Not a problem, I can feel it with all my other notifications