Haptic feedback on digital crown AWS4

mightymouf06

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2017
Hello - So i just received my SBSS S4 last night and they claim they have improved the digital crown when you scroll using the crown and you're suppose to be able to feel the action when scrolling. Is it me or is that haptic feedback you should be experiencing is some what subtle? I'm not really feeling it as strong as "I" think it should be. Anyone else noticing this?

I also recall reading a thread where a user had posted a close-up pic of their digital crown and it seemed to have a little gap. Mine seems to be that way as well. Again not sure if this is the norm but just wanted to bring it up. Can't remember what was said about it in the thread. Thanks!

staggerlee41

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
It is subtle and that's ok with me. Interestingly, I don't think changing haptic feedback from default to prominent has any impact on it. I could be wrong about this but I don't think I noticed any difference.

Thejameslavis

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2018
It does have a gap. I noticed on third party apps the ticks can be weird. Spoke with Apple geniuses today and it’s the fault of the app devs. I turned mine off as well

tehStickMan

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2018
Australia
Yes it's subtle. No you can't modify it, only on/off.

Yes there's a gap, the body curves away from it and yeah that's normal.

App devs choose how they implement the feedback gesture. There's two options: a tick tick tick tick and a harder CLICK. Some app devs don't follow the guidelines and use the heavy clicks on things like text lists which should be gentle ticks.

mightymouf06

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for the input. It has helped. I have turned mine off as well as I don’t see the need. Especially when it’s not consistent.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
I like the Digital Crown haptic feedback when it's executed correctly, but I think even Apple needs to tweak its implementation in some places so it is more consistent.