Haptic Keyboard Feedback?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by noah82, Jun 7, 2017.

1. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Can anybody with the beta take a look in the keyboard options and let me know if haptic feedback is an option? I've wanted this feature for years but so far I don't see Apple or any 3rd party implementing it.

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

The taptic engine isn't precise enough for that, and if it was a feature, Apple wouldn't made a big deal out of it. But who knows what the new hardware in September will bring.

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Do you have a source for that or is it just speculation? The taptic engine on the iPhone 7/7+ feels VERY capable of providing haptic feedback when typing, since it's able to precisely provide haptic feedback when scrolling through lists, etc.

4. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Afaik it can't produce very localized vibrations, simply because of how it's built. If you mean that you feel a buzz every time you press a key, sure, that would be possible. But with "haptic keyboard feedback" I assume it means that the feedback is underneath the finger you're pressing on the screen.

5. Deetlebug89, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

Deetlebug89 macrumors member

Iphone 7 iOS 10.1.1. And 6s on 10.2 both jail broken... and the Taptic Engine is more than capable of a haptic feedback for keyboard, I have it set to a interval that can keep Up even if I push buttons as fast as possible and any other apps I set it up for, both devices are jailbroken and I have a tweak simply enough called "haptic feedback" works wonderful now with the old counterweight style vibration motor it takes too long to get up to speed but the Taptic Engine is quick enough
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2017 ---
    Iphone 7 iOS 10.1.1. And 6s on 10.2 both jail broken... and the Taptic Engine is more than capable of a haptic feedback for keyboard, I have it set to a interval that can keep Up even if I push buttons as fast as possible and any other apps I set it up for, both devices are jailbroken and I have a tweak simply enough called "haptic feedback" works wonderful now with the old counterweight style vibration motor it takes too long to get up to speed but the Taptic Engine is quick enough
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2017 ---
    https://imgur.com/gallery/eYD2t

I realize it may not be on iOS 11 as a feature but I'm only replying to state it is very possible and capable of happening... it's happening for every key I tap as it type these out lol