iPhone Haptic Pro users

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EvanLugh, Apr 2, 2013.

1. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

As a searching and general google brings up limited information, I'd like to ask if anyone has been using Haptic Pro? I bought it today and whilst I like the tweak, I'm consciously wondering just how or if its affecting battery at all?

Thanking you

2. clockworkorange macrumors regular

Haptic Pro users

I love haptic pro - although I don't use it for general typing anymore (don't like how it vibes) I mainly use it for links/icons/special characters as it gives a more tactile feedback, whenever I enter the Cydia app, I curse jay freeman for not allowing tweaks to be used.

I didn't notice any significant drop in battery life while using it normally.

3. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Thanks for the reply. I've temporarily disabled it as I've seen a lot of cases where over times it's ruined the vibrator. I hate conflicting reports! :(

4. clockworkorange macrumors regular

Yeah it's what I heard back when I installed it on my 3GS using default settings, but 3 years later and it's still going strong, and the 3GS does see a lot of messaging (it's acting like an iPod for a niece who does a TON of iMessages.)

5. Siggen macrumors 6502

I stopped using it, it works bad with swipes on the keyboard.
    Don't like the vibe that much (its okay)
    Noticeably less battery life while typing.

6. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

My dad used it on his iPhone 4S and I'm pretty sure it ruined the vibrate mechanism. It used to be silent and after using Haptic Pro for a while, the phone would vibrate very loudly.

7. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

I used Haptic Pro for quite awhile, then decided to uninstall it one day to see if it did make a difference in battery life. It does. It was cutting about 2 hours of my battery life.