Haptic Trouble

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JOSEPH99, Jun 30, 2015.

1. JOSEPH99 macrumors member

JOSEPH99

Is anyone else having problems with Haptic Engine only working part of the time?

My seems to work intermittently.

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

No disrespect or insubordination intended, but do you have the Haptic Strength set to max, and the Prominent Haptic turned on?

Some people only seem to feel the taps intermittently or not at all until this is done. You set them in the Watch app on your iPhone. Sounds and Haptics is found below the General setting in the app.

3. JOSEPH99 thread starter macrumors member

JOSEPH99

Thanks for the reply.

I have all that set up, but it seems as though it only works sporadically.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Next question is are you possibly missing the haptic taps? I found on my first two watches the tap was very weak towards to end with the 2nd watch having haptic motor failure and would not do anything.

It does take a day or two to get used to the taps but if you are up and about and moving around the tap, even at MAX, can be missed.

5. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

I'm of the opinion that Apple should make the taps even stronger (or at least have the option to do so). When I'm moving around, I miss them ALL the time.

Tuck

6. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

May be it's your notification setting. For testing purpose, you may set that particular apps to alert mode (not banner or anything else), then you should able the get the haptic notification on your watch.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

On my second watch the haptic motor failed and would no longer do anything, no matter what settings you used.

My first watch the haptic motor was so weak you could hardly feel it on its highest settings.

8. surfnet macrumors newbie

Yep, Mine would only work sometimes. Filled in onlne form for service (they actually have a selection to select just for haptic probelms) they shipped empty box overnight for return. Dropped off watch at Fed ex monday, new watch was at house Friday. Haptic working correctly on new watch.

9. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

Mine stopped working along with all sounds. I wiped and re-paired and it all came back. YMMV.