Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JOSEPH99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2015
Is anyone else having problems with Haptic Engine only working part of the time?

My seems to work intermittently.

Reactions: samiznaetekto

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
No disrespect or insubordination intended, but do you have the Haptic Strength set to max, and the Prominent Haptic turned on?

Some people only seem to feel the taps intermittently or not at all until this is done. You set them in the Watch app on your iPhone. Sounds and Haptics is found below the General setting in the app.

JOSEPH99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2015
No disrespect or insubordination intended, but do you have the Haptic Strength set to max, and the Prominent Haptic turned on?

Some people only seem to feel the taps intermittently or not at all until this is done. You set them in the Watch app on your iPhone. Sounds and Haptics is found below the General setting in the app.
Thanks for the reply.

I have all that set up, but it seems as though it only works sporadically.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks for the reply.

I have all that set up, but it seems as though it only works sporadically.

Next question is are you possibly missing the haptic taps? I found on my first two watches the tap was very weak towards to end with the 2nd watch having haptic motor failure and would not do anything.

It does take a day or two to get used to the taps but if you are up and about and moving around the tap, even at MAX, can be missed.

The Tuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2003
I'm of the opinion that Apple should make the taps even stronger (or at least have the option to do so). When I'm moving around, I miss them ALL the time.

Tuck

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
May be it's your notification setting. For testing purpose, you may set that particular apps to alert mode (not banner or anything else), then you should able the get the haptic notification on your watch.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
On my second watch the haptic motor failed and would no longer do anything, no matter what settings you used.

My first watch the haptic motor was so weak you could hardly feel it on its highest settings.

surfnet

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Is anyone else having problems with Haptic Engine only working part of the time?

My seems to work intermittently.

Yep, Mine would only work sometimes. Filled in onlne form for service (they actually have a selection to select just for haptic probelms) they shipped empty box overnight for return. Dropped off watch at Fed ex monday, new watch was at house Friday. Haptic working correctly on new watch.

NotSafeForWork

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
Yep, Mine would only work sometimes. Filled in onlne form for service (they actually have a selection to select just for haptic probelms) they shipped empty box overnight for return. Dropped off watch at Fed ex monday, new watch was at house Friday. Haptic working correctly on new watch.

Mine stopped working along with all sounds. I wiped and re-paired and it all came back. YMMV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.