HARD budget Hv30 setup...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by SpitzerCR, Jan 2, 2010.

1. SpitzerCR macrumors regular

Shooting with my HV30...

Imovie just frustrates me :D

Im looking for a budget friendly way for both my video and adding music to that video.

I film alot of racing and would like to add music without trying to cut and crop and buy stuff from itunes all the time.

Also want to keep everything in HD.

Anyone have a budget setup of their own to share?

Thank you

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Not quite sure if you just want software or some physical add ons however I agree that iMovie is awful! (used it on my sisters macbook today and the extent to which it limits creativity really annoys me!!!!)

However I am using final cut studio 3 and this is probably the most expensive option however you can get it at a significant discount using the upgrade method.

My best suggestion would be using Final Cut Express as it is incredibly good value for money. I had it for a year before upgrading and it is great for using both HD video and as many audio tracks as you want.

Hope that helped!

3. SpitzerCR thread starter macrumors regular

Ive gotten alot of mixed feelings on express which is why i was unsure about it.

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Mixed feelings? Final cut express is litreAlly a smidgen of a step down from final cut pro and is really good value for money. I don't see what you could see else in the Market of comparable quality!

5. SpitzerCR thread starter macrumors regular

sounds fair to me =)

What about sounds, sound loops, custom beats etc... garage band drives me nuts to use too lol