hard bumper with carbon fiber flip back from sw-box

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by psywzrd, Mar 11, 2011.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Just saw this bumper on sw-box and I'm wondering if anyone has one:

http://www.sw-box.com/Hard-Bumper-With-Carbon-Fiber-Flip-Back-Case-For-Iphone-4-Black.html

Looks interesting to me because of the back protection and the fact that the cutout for the headphone jack looks bigger than their apple bumper and sgp neo knockoffs. The thing that confuses me though is that the description says that "the plastic band houses metallic buttons for the volume controls and sleep/wake button"; however, looking at the pictures, it looks to me like the volume buttons and the sleep/wake button of the iphone are exposed and recessed. Am I reading that wrong?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

If it's anything like the regular bumpers from that site, then there are metal-colored plastic buttons that cover the volume and power buttons.

Why don't you just buy a regular bumper and a rear screen protector from that site? That's what I did, and it's working great.

Edit: looking closer at the pics, I see what you mean. They do look exposed......:confused:

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Did you check out the link? I don't see any buttons on the bumper itself - it looks like the buttons are exposed. I don't like the regular bumpers because the headphone jack cutout tends to be way too small and this looks bigger. Plus I'd like more protection on the back than just a screen protector. This is a carbon fiber back that is more substantial.

Edit: I see that you looked at the pics now. I wish there were metallic buttons built in to the bumper. Having them recessed like that is going to make them hard to push.