Hard Candy Cases--Street Skin

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Illuminated, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

I ordered a Street Skin recently from Hard Candy Cases. It's a rubber case, with a rubber flap that protects the screen, and can be taken off and attached to the back when using the iPad. It's like a sleeve, but it stays on, adds protection, and grip.

Hard Candy Cases--Street Skin

It's only $39.99, and I got the black one. I'll post up on it when I get it (hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday...)

2. Ramiarna macrumors newbie

I ordered that too. Lets hope it is functional and good looking like in the pictures.

3. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

I sent an email and asked if it shipped yet. They said yes. I should have gotten it by now, so I'm starting to think it's just on pre-order...

4. Ramiarna macrumors newbie

Got mine from Amazon. It isn't shipped yet (pre order). If you get it please give a quick review cause you will definitely get yours before mine. I live in UAE and will take an extra five days to ship to here. Went for the black color.

5. Furtim macrumors member

This case looks sweet! When someone gets the case in take photos and do a review.

6. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

Just got a tracking number. Should have it by next Wednesday...

7. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

I have a concern about cases. If Apple spent the extra money (and charged us) to use an aluminum case for the iPad it was probably related to heat dissipation. If that is in fact a reason wouldn't a case interfere with proper cooling and effect battery life and processor performance?

8. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

Damn, are they shipping it from China?

9. Convoy macrumors newbie

I got my black one a couple days ago. It's nice.

Too bad it doesn't have an iPad yet. I'm holding out for the 3G.

10. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

Nope, from California. I'm using standard ground UPS shipping...

11. Ramiarna macrumors newbie

Just got an email from amazon.

Delivery estimate: April 20, 2010.

They started shipping :)

12. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

What makes you think it was specifically heat related?

13. Furtim macrumors member

Have you gotten it yet?

14. Ramiarna macrumors newbie

@Furtim

Not yet as I live all the way om the other side of the planet. It is being shipped right now to UAE. It was delivered to my US mailbox on the 20th of April. Should be here in the three to four days.

15. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I have one of these ordered from Amazon. They're in stock, and with Amazon Prime, I'll have it Friday. I'm leaving on 4/27 on a trip, and I need a protective case for the iPad. It was the best choice on one that I could get quickly. (Thanks, Amazon!) The Apple case is also ordered, but I've given up on it coming before the very end of April ("late April").

16. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

Mine should be here today. It was supposed to be here yesterday but ups rescheduled the delivery...can't wait till it comes. I'll post pictures up when I get it...

17. Ramiarna macrumors newbie

Yeh make sure you do a mini review with photos. You lucky Americans get your things fast. Mine in a box in JFK Airport waiting to be shipped all the way here.

18. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

It took 12 days for it to get here, assuming it's still on time to get here today.

19. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

They SENT ME A PINK ONE. I'm SO F***ING ANGRY RIGHT NOW. THE SHIPPING BOX EVEN SAYS BLACK ON IT AND THEY SEND A F***ING PINK ONE.

20. Fanatik7 macrumors member

Maybe they felt some anger from your order and tried to cheer you up with a bright color. :p Just kidding. I would be pissed too. Having to wait that long only to be let down. Hey maybe they will let you keep it and send you the right one. Then you can sell it to recoupe some costs or give it to another member. Make good out bad.

21. Ramiarna macrumors newbie

WTF, damn man. I would be so pissed off to if this happens to me. Specially that it would be too hard and costly for me to ship it. Just call them up and make them send you a more manly color. I might have not returned it if it was red. But pink is just too girly.

Anyways, try it on the iPad and share the experience :p

22. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

I'm on the phone now with Hard Candy Cases and they said that they had a huge mistake at their shipping facility and shipped the correct color case to everyone who got the wrong color yesterday. I'll return the pink one once I get the correct one.

23. Ramiarna macrumors newbie

Damn!!! Soit is kinda safe to assume I was sent the pink one too. I got it from amazon, let's hope that shipment wasn't from the wrong batch. I wouldn't be able to ship it all the way back. I try to look like a macho man, can't be seen with a damn pink iPad :p

24. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

I'm still soooo angry. I don't want to wait another 12+ days for another case to come. I've got classes all week and I'm gonna bring the iPad to take notes. I don't have a case for it! Ugh.

25. Furtim macrumors member

Put the pink case on the iPad and take some pictures so we can see the quality and what it looks like beside being pink.