Hard Candy Making 50,000 Cases for 4.4" Mystery Device

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blakjack, Oct 4, 2011.

1. qtaran111 macrumors member

These case rumours get stranger by the minute.

My head says that we will see the iPhone 4S today (iPhone 4 design, 8MP camera, A5 SOC, voice assistant) but my heart and all these cases seem to say different...but 4.4" screen? Can't see Apple going that big.

2. energetic macrumors newbie

energetic

Why not take a quick look on the first or second page of this forum, before posting a new thread for the same subject? ;)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1238778

Apart from that, thanks for the information. Perhaps next time, you will be the first posting this. :)

3. jonter19 macrumors member

I would absolutely love it if we got the device depicted in those dimensional drawings. I think the size of it is absolutely perfect and, being someone who reads a lot on my iPhone, would welcome the increased screen size.

Yet, I feel in my heart that we are just getting the 4S. Maybe those drawings are for a future iPhone or a design that has been scrapped by Apple. Whatever the case, I don't see us getting that phone today (even though I hope I'm wrong).

It still intrigues me that these case manufactures are so confident in the design that they put these cases in mass production. With the economy the way it is, it doesn't make since that a company would mass produce a product on a "hunch". It also intrigues me that companies like AT&T are purchasing and stocking the cases.

All I know is that today's announcement will be surprising, either good or bad.

4. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

If that's what the update will be this year then I won't be upgrading.

6. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

This is what i was feeling but i don't think they'd change up the iPod touch and not do it to an iPhone unless we get a iPod model between normal iPod touch and iPad but then 4.4 inches wouldn't be too center at all