Hard case for 15" MBP (silver keys)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by clising, Sep 23, 2010.

1. clising macrumors newbie

Hey everyone!
    I'm enlisting help in my search for a case for my Macbook Pro 15" (with silver keys). I've searched online and ebay and have found no luck or variety.

The brands I am not looking for are Speck and Incase, which I know are the 2 most common ones. So if you guys know of any websites please feel free to share!!

Thanks in advance everyone :)

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

speck is the only one I found but you're not looking for speck?

3. clising thread starter macrumors newbie

i've read some reviews on speck and they said that the case ends up scratching the computer, which defeats the purpose.

I currently am dealing with the incase but it is all cracked from a horrific time removing the case which i thought was going to be near impossible.

Any good experiences with them?

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

There's always that risk, I did get a scratch from my speck case but plenty of people haven't had the same problem. Since you're looking for an aluminum key model, speck or incase is pretty much the only option when comes to hard form fitting cases.

Stocks aren't high for your model.

5. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

Besides speck or incase ebay is your only bet.

6. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

This only happens if you never, ever clean inside your case (between the computer and the case).

Unless the case has a design flaw, it's not going to scratch your lappy.

7. Yell0w macrumors regular

i agree, it should be the dust that is causing the scratches between the case and the laptop. i have a hard case from speck myself and haven't really noticed any scratches on the laptop but i had a genius appointment today, and she listed it as normal wear and tear, and some minor scratches on the bottom, which i never noticed before. i clean it once in a while tho. maybe not enough?

8. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I'm in a similar situation. I ended up throwing the incase cover out as it wasn't looking all that great anymore, but all in all I simply wanted another incase as it was the best I've seen. But...I've been unable to them anywhere.