Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swwack91

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
New Jersey
I have the old 15" MBP with the full size DVI monitor port as opposed to the new mini-DVI port adapter.

That one:
http://www.2020rwanda.com/2020/SALE IMAGES/apple_macbook_pro_15_s20004.jpg

Is there a good, sleek, slimline, and stylish hard cover out there to fit this model? When I first purchased the notebook, all of the hardcovers looked horrible. But now some of the new MBP models have fantastic covers available.

Also, it's important that the cover doesn't hold in any heat since I do a lot of GPU and CPU intensive work.

Thanks!

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Speck still has hard shell cases for the older MBP systems with the silver keyboard. InCase shells are said to be better but I don't know if they make one for the older laptop. I have the red one on my 17 and it does the job. Heat doesn't seem to be all that much of a factor. The vents in the case match the vents in the shell. I keep the back of the computer propped up on a pair of empty blood sugar test strip containers. About the same size as film containers, if you remember what they are... Currently 122F on the cpu. Room air temp is 82F.

Speck is selling the older cases for half off.

Dale

mikes70mustang

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
US
I have an incase on my classic MBP, their much better than the specks. It doesnt increase the heat, trap dust, or mess anything up. Ive had mine on for a year and it works great.

swwack91

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
New Jersey
it doesn't look like InCase still makes hard cases for the previous generation of MBPs. I just ordered a case from Speck for 50% off. (all of their previous-gen products are half off if anyone's interested)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.