Hard Case , Yes or No?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jazwire, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Jazwire, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I did not get a hard case for my last MacBook Pro and ended up with a dent in the lid that drove me crazy.

So I was about to order a Speck Hardcase, but after reading some reviews on Amazon , there are people saying they scratch the laptops.

I looked then at a Zagg cover, but #1 they seem like a pain to put on, (i know when i put one on my old Iphone 3G it was.) #2 I don't think it protects against dents as much as scratches.

Anyone care to share their hardcase experience or have another brand of case that might not scratch?

2. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

on my old mbp, i never had any sort of case on it and it never got a dent/scratch...i recommend the speck case though...

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Speck hard case is excellent. Just need to remove the case once a month or so to wipe out any dirt that may have gotten in there so it doesn't cause it to scratch the case. But even if you don't do that the scratches are barely noticeable, just some people on these boards treat their laptops like their first borns and complain about the smallest things.

4. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I had an Incase hard case on my blackbook for awhile and it definitely scratched it up, the aluminum might be tougher than the plastic but I still wouldn't really recommend it.

5. richlee111 macrumors regular

2nd the monthly takedown and wipe. With the aluminum, small scratches are hard to see and as far as my old 2008 unibody goes, it still looks in perfect condition with the case on all this time.

6. Jazwire, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

Jazwire thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

Thanks just picked up the Speck clear cover from Amazon.

I'll make sure I wipe it out at least once a month.