Hard Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Batnut, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Batnut macrumors newbie

Hi All

I am the proud owner of a new 13 inch Macbook air and so far I love it.

However I was wondering if someone could help me find a case. I have read all the other threads and searched extensively and can't find what I am looking for.

Ideally, I want a hard case that means I am able to put my air into the case and chuck it into a suitcase for trips. I don't want to have to worry about tipping the suitcase upside down ect.

I don't mind if this is ugly or bulky, as long as it offers protection. I currently have a sleeve by InCase which does little.

I don't want a hard shell as I love the look of my air and don't want to cover it.

Any ideas? I am in the UK so wouldn't want to pay loads for shipping.

Best wishes

2. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

From Apple store I bought the perforated incase hardshell in white and it looks great. Matching iPhone 4 cover too. Happy with that as it allows it to breathe and let out any heat, although I have noticed it does not actually get that hot.

3. Batnut thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! But I am actually looking for a hard case I can put the whole mac into just for travelling.

Looked at the pelican case but they were too bulky for hand luggage.

4. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

You might be better off with some of the soft sleeves. The incase coated canvas ones have a lot of protection.

I would never check a laptop in hold baggage whatever though; always in hand luggage. Airport 'security' at Miami airport went through my bag and lifted my camera, bluetooth speakers and sunglasses earlier this year.

5. weckart macrumors 68040

6. stevenpa macrumors 6502

I got this one, it's not "hard" but it's pretty solid. Will probably be carrying around my MBA in a duffle quite a bit.

Case Logic 13 Molded Case

It's got a little space inside but I figure it's tight enough.

7. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

Check Out The Speck SeeThru Satin

It's not a case; it's a snap-on thin shell. iLounge reviews it here: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ba...air-11-gets-moshis-muse-specks-seethru-satin/.

I also travel light and my tiny Baggallini messenger bag would be a tight fit if I added a sleeve that afforded any kind of rigid protection. The Speck would add dent protection and rigidity with minimal increase in the size of the MBA.

8. FieldingMellish Suspended

Pelican makes a bullet proof-like case that you can array under the arm or put into another bag. Crush resistant and waterproof. It fits a 13 inch laptop.

9. wookv macrumors newbie

you mean this pelican case?

looks like something the president uses to launch nuclear codes!:D

10. kelhart macrumors newbie

11. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

That is awesome! if it came with 2 keys and an activation code, I would so be on it!!

12. wookv macrumors newbie

Or if it came like this:
    [​IMG]:D:D:D

13. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs