Hard Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tarusse1, Jan 22, 2009.

1. tarusse1 macrumors newbie

I am new to the forums, and have been researching cases for awhile now. I have a casemate second skin silicon case now but don't really care for it. It gets lint stuck on in it and is really hard to get in and out of my pocket, but seems to offer good protection. I have narrowed my choices down to the capsule neo, contour hardskin, and incase slider. I am looking for opinions from those that have used them. I heard good things about all but am worried about the neo breaking quickly. Thanks for the help.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I own a black Capsule Neo and a black Incase Slider. I prefer the Slider by far. It is slimmer and far easier to take the phone out of. The Neo is a nice case but it is a little bulky compared to the slider and it takes much longer to take the phone out of and put back in.

After owning both for months, hands down I say the Slider. However the Neo comes with a lot more goodies (screen shields, dock adaptors, etc) the Slider comes with a box. The Neo is a better value, the Slider is a better case. IMO.

3. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

if you are talking about the 3G phone. I really like the Griffin Elan Form Case. It is hard plastic covered with leather. I like it for 2 reasons, it has a bezel that totally covers the chrome bezel of the phone, and the leather holds up better from little scratches. I find that all my other cases that are just hard plastic like the contour get those little scratches all other the back and they look old real fast. This one holds up and looks classy doing it.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS480VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjQzNTE2Nw&p=4&s=topSellers

4. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

I own the same as ferris, a neo and a slider.

I personally like the neo better, because it offers slightly better protection, and has two different types on surfaces on the back: a matte black finish for the "I" brace similar to the slider, and the "H" brace is a shiny plastic. I like the shiny plastic bit as it grips the hands better.

5. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I own a Griffin iclear. I got it brand new from ebay for $14.35. Hard clear case and comes with micro fiber towel and a screen protector.