hard disk options

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dinesh89, Jul 15, 2010.

1. dinesh89 macrumors member

dinesh89

Hi guys,

I have been having few months of life with beach balls and really slow start up and shutdown times and unresponsiveness since i upgraded to snow leopard. Iv finally decided to reinstall snow leopard all over again but i was thinking i might want to swap a new hard disk as i heard it click last month and ive got a one time unable to boot issue.

So the question is im looking for a 500gb/640gb performance hard disk that wont drain too much power compared to my standard 320gb. I was looking at both the wd scorpio blue and black. Can anyone comment on Seagate products as well. Ive also heard about the issue with the free fall sensor in the WD Black. I intend to use a free fall sensor. I was also wondering if i get a wd scorpio black without the sensor and leave the apple sensor on would it still work well?

Btw im using a MBP 2.53 late 08

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Get the Seagate Momentus XT. It will be a lot faster than your current hard drive.

3. dinesh89 thread starter macrumors member

dinesh89

Are u referring to the 7200 or the 5400? Does it still have some sort of free fall sensor?I really Do not want to risk having a hard disk failure. Thanks for the reply

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The XT is a 7200 RPM, with 4GB flash memory built in for SSD-like boots and commonly used app launches.

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

This is the one I'm talking about :)

6. dinesh89 thread starter macrumors member

dinesh89

Oh, Sorry bout that. Anyone know bout the free fall sensor as im very unsure bout this issue.