Hard disk problem, lost more than 950 fonts

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by graphicsarea, Aug 8, 2015.

1. graphicsarea macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone;

I face problem with my Hard disk drive (MBP 2011) When the OS X Loading (loading indicator) about %40 OS X shutdown automatically !

[​IMG]
    Now I replace the hard disk with a new one, When i plug the old hard disk drive (external) It's working and when I want to see my Fonts Unfortunately I see only system fonts !

Library/Fonts

Please How I can find my Fonts in the old Hard disk ?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

They're probably installed as user fonts, so look at:

/Users/username/Library/Fonts
    /Users/username/Library/FontCollections

The user 'Library' folder might be hidden, but you can still navigate to it using 'Go to folder' in the menu bar -> Go or via shift-command-G

3. graphicsarea thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replay, I'm using the Old Hard disk as (External Hard Disk) I found only 1 Library folder

Macintosh HD/Library

[​IMG]

Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts

[​IMG]

Thanks for help.

4. CoastalOR, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I've Bolded-Underlined key points from sammich's post. The Library folder is hidden/invisible in the Macintosh HD/Users/username/ folder (if your username/log-in account name is graphicsarea then it would be /Users/graphicsarea/Library/Fonts), remember the Library folder is invisible.

Here are instructions on how to make hidden files/folders visible and invisible:
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/08/04/how-to-show-hidden-files-folders-finder-mac/

Edit to correct instructions since an external drive is used. The Go to Folder option is little trickier with an external drive so I removed it.