Hard Drive access software/widgets? I want to know which drives are cranking

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sean Dempsey, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

is there a desktop monitor or widget or something that will show the activity of my 4 mac pro drives? I'd like a visual representation of the activity so I can see which drive is being accessed and when, and to see if I can speed things up in any way.

anyone know of an app like this?

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

iStat Pro should be good for that. Actually, any of the iStat versions should work.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hhhmm istat is good for showing drive sizes and stuff. but im not exactly sure what will show all the other stuff. there are programs such as ipulse. but i dont think this will do the right job. uuhh i cant remember that program, there is one thats good but ive forgotten it. ill get back to ya

4. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

5. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Actually MenuMeters isn't what I was looking for. It has read/write indicators, but not for the individual drives, just 1 set of lights for all drives.

It would be nice to just have 4 dots up in the menu for each drive, and the blinked what that drive was being access. Is there anything like that out there?