Hard Drive Backup Software

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TTyylleerr, Feb 25, 2011.

1. TTyylleerr macrumors member

Hey guys,
    My iMac has been hard drive problems so I'm taking it in to hopefully have it replaced. Needless to say I need to back up my data.

On the Mac OS side, I've got everything backed up via time machine. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a program that backs up all files/programs for windows, hopefully something fairly simple to use. Doesn't need to be particularly quick, I don't mind leaving it to work for a day. I've got a spare WD external drive to use. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tyler

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

If you want a full backup, Symantec Ghost or acronis true image would be good. If you just want specific files, windows backup works okay with one caveat - the external drive has to be NTFS formatted.

Personally, I just backup my data files which are in about 5 folders and my outlook pst's by just using drag and drop rather than a backup program. I'd rather reinstall windows/software, and copy over the data files than use a disk imaging program.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member