Hard drive crashed, how can I rip music from 1G touch back to itunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jreamsnyder, May 25, 2009.

1. jreamsnyder macrumors member

My hard drive just crashed, and I was able to recover it but lost all my data, including all my itunes music! It's all still on my 1G Ipod Touch and I obviously don't want to lose it, are there any programs that will let me rip the music from my touch back to itunes? Thanks for any help

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

3. jreamsnyder thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply, for future reference, I'm running Windows XP if that makes any difference.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Ah, sorry. I'm not up on the Windows programs that do that.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Just google to find the prgram. There are a ton of free ones. Try looking for iPodCopy or iPodRip. I think those are for windows.

6. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

i use this really good program called 4Media iPod to PC Transfer. it works really good but its not free.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

You dont need a program. I used to do this all the time when I was on windows.

-Set your itunes to NOT automatically sync with your iPod.

-Turn on "Show hidden files and folders" in windows.

-Enable disk mode on your ipod

-Open up your ipod in windows explorer and there is a folder called iPod control (I think its under that one) and under it you will find your music named wierd names like XYTP or BTRI. Drag those folders into iTunes and it will rename them the correct names. Authorize your purchases and your done.

On a side note if your itunes freezes when dragging those folders in, try only a few at a time.