Hard Drive Enclosures

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bad Panda, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Bad Panda macrumors newbie

Hi all. I'm having some trouble finding an external drive setup that works for me. I used to have two 320gb SATA drives in a D-Link DNS-323 NAS, but had loads of trouble with it being too slow. This was before the Time Capsule came out, so I snapped one of those up and ditched the 323 when they did appear.
    However, now I still have the two 320gb drives and running out of storage space again.

I recently invested in an Icybox 3220 double enclosure, but this is already causing problems. The thing refuses to work when another imac on my network tries to access it (they click on it and the drives just stop working). I'm also getting errors when saving files to it from my iMac ('could not write the file, it already exists').

Anyone any better ideas for getting my two drives back in the loop, or any ideas on how to get my current setup? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. dimme macrumors 65816

3. Bad Panda thread starter macrumors newbie

That looks really handy, but I'm using my external drives on a daily basis. I'm actually considering just keeping the stuff I use every day on my internal. It's a bit of a faff, but at least it will work.