Hard drive failed 4 times -- Restore iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by niemo810, Apr 26, 2008.

1. niemo810 macrumors member

My hard drive has failed four times (since August) and I'm working on getting AppleCare to give me a new computer. Because the hard drive just fails without notice, I obviously haven't had time to "deauthorize" my computer. Now, it thinks I've got songs registered to play on 4 different computers. Is there a way to change this? If I call Apple, will they give me a break?

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

If you log into iTunes Store and go to your account options there is an option to reset all of your authorized computers.

3. ilovebananas macrumors member

Just to add to the above comment about de authorizing machines. You may find that the option is unavailable to you in your itunes account until you have authorized the max number of machines (5).
    I say this because it caught me out and it took a quick faq to find it.

4. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

That reset option is only available to you once per year. Under your circumstance, if they finally give you another machine, and in the meantime if you've had to exercise that reset option, you should make sure they set that option back to unused status for you. It's not right to have had to use it up over multiple failures of one device.