Hard Drive Failure

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheDisposedHero, Jul 31, 2011.

1. TheDisposedHero macrumors newbie

Ok, so here is the story:

My 15" Macbook Pro's hard drive quit on me. I got a 120 gig SSD to replace it. I put in the hard drive. But whenever it boots up, it only has a grey screen. (It should be a grey screen with the apple logo). After that goes away, it tries to load up like a pc does witht he windows logo and loading bar. Then it freezes because it cant run system 32. Obviously.

So my question is, how to i format this drive, so my Mac OSX will run on it. My disc is already in the Mac, I dont know if that helps any at all.

All answers are appreciated, i just want my Mac fixed. Thanks for the help!

2. TheDisposedHero thread starter macrumors newbie

3. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Google? or Forum Search?

Doesn't anybody do a search or try to find out something before wanting to be spoonfed the information?

4. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried holding down the OPTION or C key after the startup sound and while the Mac OS X installation DVD is inserted, like the second guide I linked to described?

That is how it was, and always will be.

Just look at all the battery related questions of there is a virus ****ing up their system or some other inane ********.

5. TheDisposedHero thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, i did. And it was all information that didnt help. Which is why im here on a Mac web forum. Dont you ever think that people DO use google for things like this?

6. TheDisposedHero thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried the option c... and my apple logo finally popped up... still waiting for after results..