Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fw221

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
My hard drive died yesterday. I took my iMac into the Apple Store and will be getting a replacement. Here's the thing...

My last time machine back-up was in May. I've purchased some music (which now reside on my iPad and Apple tv) and some tv shows (which all reside on my Apple tv) since my last back-up. How do I transfer the data back onto my iMac from my devices? Will it just know when I sync them? :eek:

unixperience

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
if they are from itunes you will have no problem.... if they aren't (ripped cds dvds.....) then you have some problems

until you get expod! some program a guy made to take things off ipods, works even with ipod touches, i've used it once before. Its not a super beautiful program but it sure does get the job done :) no idea if it works with ipads though, but worth a shot

heres a link http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23015/expod or if you don't trust links just search expod, the current version is 0.7.3

Last edited:

Daffodil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
In a sunny state of mind
Anything you bought in iTunes should be easy to recover. Once you've authorized your account on the computer, just connect the device, right click on it and click transfer purchases. I believe you can also re-download stuff you've purchased for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.