Hard drive failure

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ajohansson, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ajohansson macrumors regular

Hi,

Hard drive failed on mac mini late 2009, i use backblaze and i downloaded the restore. Bought a new ssd drive.

How the heck do I do this? I put in a ssd in my macbook but it had not failed and used cloning software and it was straight forward.

In this scenario i have a brand new ssd. I need to format im sure but then how do i get all my old stuff over? Is it even possible to have it identical like a clone? Im assuming the backblaze download i got is just my file structure not a clone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

I don't have back laze but I imagine you do this:

Install OS
    Install agent
    Sign into your account
    Download restore

3. ajohansson thread starter macrumors regular

so i got the new hard drive in and man what a pain OSX el capitan is. Ran through all these threads on why it wont install and come to find out it wont install for some reason without apple ram. so i put the apple (samsung) ram back in and I finally get it to boot. Everything is good until I go to the app store and i say yes to upgrade to 10.11.1 now Im back in cant boot state. I downloaded about 125 mb of the upgrade and then computer shut off and wont boot.

On my other mac mini that had not failed I ended up upgrading to 10.11.1 first then cloned it. then upgraded the ram and and its working great. I might be cloning that HD again and just installing it on this other mac.