Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfer99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
VA
Not sure if this is posted in the right forum or not, if its not I will say sorry advanced. I am simply looking for the hard drive icon that comes with mac osx. I changed my icon and I cant seem to find it anywhere and would like to change it back. Can someone post theirs or point me in the right direction to get this icon. Thanks in advanced.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Try clicking on the hard drive icon on your desktop and press Command-i – when the info window pops up click on the little icon up in the left hand corner and press delete. That should do the trick and revert back to the original default icon.

surfer99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
VA
What I am trying to do is have the white mac book icon as my internal drive icon and my external drive icon be the one that the mac osx automatically puts onto the hard drive. Right now I have both the external and the internal icons as the white macbook icon. So if I delete it then I wont have it as the internal hard drive. So what I really need is a link to a hard drive icon.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
What I am trying to do is have the white mac book icon as my internal drive icon and my external drive icon be the one that the mac osx automatically puts onto the hard drive. Right now I have both the external and the internal icons as the white macbook icon. So if I delete it then I wont have it as the internal hard drive. So what I really need is a link to a hard drive icon.

If you pull up the Get Info panel on the external drive and delete the white MacBook icon, it will revert to the standard icon. Your internal will keep the MacBook icon.

surfer99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
VA
Got it figured out, once again thanks to all for the quick help. Not sure what I would do without this website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.