Hard drive installation for new 13" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Habitus, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Has anyone replaced their 13" MacBook Pro's hard drive with a new one? I have a 500GB hard drive from my black MacBook. does anyone know of any videos demonstrating this?

Habitus

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Should be the same as the 17-inch MacBook Pro. If you head over to ifixit.com, there should be a guide on how to do so.

3. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

Agreed. Once you un-screw the back-panel, replacing the hard drive is essentially the same as it would be on the last-gen model. No word on wether it voids AppleCare or not, but I would ask first.

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

AppleCare is not voided. (I seriously think we should get a sticky in each forum so it clarifies it for those who question it and ask everyday - this is not towards the poster, I think it really would help)

6. tillamook macrumors newbie

Upgrade 13" MacBook Pro

I just finished upgrading from 2GB of RAM to 4 GB, and from a 160 GB HD to a 500 GB. Everything worked perfectly. The Apple instruction booklet that came with the computer even explained how to do it.
    You can get a pdf of the instructions at: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/MacBook_Pro_13inch_Mid2009.pdf