Hard Drive Issues on my MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nadasive, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Nadasive macrumors 6502

Okay so my
    G-Tech 1TB G-RAID2 Hard Drive isn't showing up on OSX's Desktop.. Heres the thing when i boot into windows xp sp3 it shows up perfectly (macdrive) and no problems but when i go on mac to access some files from Hard Drive, It doesn't show up on Desktop OR disk Utility. I turned it off and turned off comptuer, then turned on Hard Drive and booted again on OSX and it still wouldn't show.

Somebody help? Please?! :eek:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Have you tried mounting it using Disk Utility? What is it formatted as? Is it using MBR or GPT?

3. Nadasive thread starter macrumors 6502

Whats MBR and GPT and When i bought it i formatted it with Mac. which was a long time ago so it should be Mac Journaled osx or somethin like that.. This happened shortly after i installed macdrive on windows

and how do i mount it using disk Utility? It doesn't show up on DU

4. Nadasive thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay so I got it to show up on Disk Utility (I don't know how, it just showed up) but it shows only one of the partitions and it only shows on Disk Utility, not on the Desktop..
    for the section where it says about how many files there are it says: "Number of files: -" I know there are files in there and everything because it works fine with Windows.

Edit: I changed the Wire from a firewire 800 to firewire 400. both paritions Showed up but still doesn't let me mount...

5. Nadasive thread starter macrumors 6502