hard drive mounting bracket/shield

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thompson1501, Feb 28, 2012.

1. thompson1501 macrumors newbie

Okay, so recently my computer made a funny noise and stopped working. I took it into the apple store for diagnosis and my hard drive had crashed. The "genius" removed the hard drive for me and put it in a little baggy and helped me fill out the manufacturer warranty info on her computer. She wrote down the address for me to ship the old hard drive to and said they'd ship me a new one. I did as instructed and just received my new hard drive. While trying to install the new one I realized something looked different from the pictures I was referencing. Apparently, according to another "genius," I am missing the mounting brackets and emi shield or something. I'm assuming they were still attached to the hard drive I shipped to the manufacturer. Apple could not order the part for me and I am having a lot of trouble finding any way to get this part besides buying a complete macbook for parts on ebay. Any ideas/advice?

2. thompson1501 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 Build/4.5.1_57_DR2-31) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Looks like they have it. Thanks.