Hard drive noise caused by partitioning???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by easepease, Aug 14, 2010.

1. easepease macrumors regular

I know this sounds stupid but I swear its the case... at least for me. My drives for all 3 imacs i have gone through so far were dead silent until i Partitioned them... then they made the classic stomach growl noises... I was just wondering if others with the noise problem had a partition or not... cause it seems making a partition should not effect the noise... Say I am crazy cause to me it sounds crazy but I swear the first two imacs were fine till i partitioned them... I am now afraid to partition this new one i have cause its quiet... and i do not want to go back to the store AGAIN!

anyway others who have had this issue did you have a partition?

2. bas-macfan macrumors member

I have the same problems but partitioning or de partitioning does not make a difference.
    My iMac is going back because i got mad of the noise. It was in the 2 weeks return period.

3. easepease thread starter macrumors regular

ok, ya my first one after I partitioned it made the noise no matter what I did, reformat or anything. The second one I was scared to partition so I waited a week and right after I did it the noise came back... the grumble... Now this third one I want to get windows on bootcamp but I am too scared the noise will come back...

Any others out there who had trouble with noise? Anyone that has no noise after bootcamp with a seagate drive... I know these are specific questions but help would be greatly appreciated

NOTE:: Other than the noise all 4 iMacs I have gone through were perfect!!! No screen issues buzzing or anything! Just suck with stupid seagate drives everytime.