Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DeuceDeuce, Jul 27, 2009.
Im getting this error when I verify disk but it wont let me repair it. What can I do?
1. Insert your computer's restore disk 1.
2. Restart the computer, holding the C key from when you hear the startup chime until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
3. Choose English (or whatever you like) and click the right arrow.
4. Open Utilities -> Disk Utility.
5. Select the drive and click Repair Disk.
Thanks! I will try that mow.
What's a restore disk? Which one?
"Im getting this error when I verify disk but it wont let me repair it. What can I do?"
One way to do it:
1. Use CarbonCopyCloner to clone the contents of the damaged drive to a backup drive, to create a fully-bootable backup clone.
2. Boot from the backup
3. Use Disk Utility to re-initialize the damaged internal drive
4. RE-CLONE from the backup to the internal drive
This takes a while but should clear things up. Also, it will eliminate any fragmentation on the internal.
Of course, you need an external backup drive to do this.
I think Time Machine must be at fault here this is a very old thread newly resuscitated.