Hard drive question, is it enough?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Maclover564, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Maclover564 macrumors newbie

I have a 250GB hard drive, and I was wondering: Is it enough? This thing can hold up to 500GB, so should I uprgrade? I probably wont have tons of videos, or photos. Or music, because our iTunes account says we've used all of the things. But should I? And if so, how do you replace them?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

MRoogle for many, many, many, many HDD replacing threads.

The capacity of the HDD is dependent on your needs.
    If you don't fill up 90% of your current HDD, and maybe only around 50% to 75%, and don't run into shortages and have to copy and delete stuff, then you're fine with your current drive.

I for example need new 500GB to 1TB drives every two or three months.

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

What system are you referring to? If you do not plan on storing a lot of video on the machine and intend to use the machine to do things like browse the web, write, that kind of stuff... 250GB should be fine for a while. Most of my data is on a 1TB drive and aside from TV Shows and movies, I don't use a lot of space. I actually have over 600GB free right now and 218GB of that is used just with TV shows. My iTunes library which will play music for 10 days is only 18GB. Just to give you some random numbers to work with.

4. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

I think its enough I'm guessing you just got your macbook so there's no need to upgrade right now
    In order to fill up your harddrive with music and videos is going to take awhile
    If somehow you end up filling it all then upgrade then