Hard Drive Space

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MikeM87, Aug 11, 2011.

1. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

Hi,

Just wondering what hard drives you have in your iMacs and what external hard drives you have attached to it. I don't know why but even when i'm not using it i like to have the space available and not just a couple if GB's.

Currently i have a 500gb internal hard drive and a 500gb external western digital my passport drive attached which has all my films etc on. All i use the internal hard drive for is installting programs.

I did have a 1TB My Book but when i bought my new mac a couple of weeks ago and plugged this in i kept getting kernal panic's, after removing this and doing some tests seems this is now faulty. I must admit a few weeks before it did fall off my desk :eek:

I also have a 2TB network hard drive which is used with the PS3 and XBOX which also has films and music stored on it.

Finally i have a 500gb seagate freeagent go flex which i use with windows to move files between machines and use this at work too.

Hopefully within the next couple of months i plan on buying another 1-2TB's of addtional space probably another Western Digital My Passport drive as they seem quite fast in comparison to the Seagate one and also a 5 year gurantee :)

I checked last night and only have 58gb left of free space *crazy*

Happy Posting!

2. macgenius1 macrumors newbie

3. MikeM87 thread starter macrumors 6502

MikeM87

not really just a thread about hard drive space :)