Hard drive space

njbob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
4
0
How can I determine my total hard drive space and my available hard drive space?
 

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
1,671
0
Nashville, TN
njbob said:
How can I determine my total hard drive space and my available hard drive space?
Select the drive in question, and Cmd+I will bring up the info dialog.
The information you're looking for should be in there.
 

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2006
333
0
it usually says at the bottom of the finder how much space you have free on the computer
 

Nuks

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
504
0
A quick question: How do you set it up so that you can view your free space underneath the hardrive name on the desktop.

Like: Andrew's HD
20.3 G

or something similar.
 

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
2,580
0
On a jet plane
Nuks said:
A quick question: How do you set it up so that you can view your free space underneath the hardrive name on the desktop.

Like: Andrew's HD
20.3 G

or something similar.
Go to Finder/View/Show View Options/Show Item Info

:)
 

njbob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
4
0
Thanks - another quickie

How can I find out what processor I have and how fast it is?
 

njbob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
4
0
Thanks again! One more, I promise!

Sorry for the idiot questions - just learning. How can I view a list all of the programs that are installed?
 

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
1,144
116
Arkansas
I'm a newb too, but I think you can just open your applications folder. Whatever is listed in there is what is installed.
 

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
2,670
4
Northern California
njbob said:
Sorry for the idiot questions - just learning. How can I view a list all of the programs that are installed?
System Profiler tells you that, too.

System Profiler tells you all the information about your Mac you could possibly want to know.
 

Nuks

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
504
0
munkle said:
Go to Finder/View/Show View Options/Show Item Info

:)

When I clicked on show view options for the HD, I get two choices: Show icons, and Show preview column...
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.