Hard Drive storage (physical)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JesterJJZ, Dec 4, 2007.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I use bare drives to backup my files. I keep a set of mirrored disks for everything. I have a drawer with foam inserts and keep my drives in there. What else is a good way of storing them. I'm running out of room. Anyone know of a rack-type solution that can physically just slide my drives into for offline safekeeping?

Something like this except large enough for bare sata drives would be great!

http://www.brycoproducts.com/newproducts5.html

2. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

i can't think of a product specifically meant for holding bare HDD's,

but i you can't find one, have you thought about trying to build a shelf yourself, maybe out of wood or something,

just a suggestion :D

3. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Yeah I considered that, but wood can be heavy. Something out of blowmolded plastic like those tape racks would be better. I guess I'll have to keep thinking and looking.

4. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Buy an erector set and build it out of that stuff. All kidding aside you can make it how you want and the metal thye use is pretty light. Also could be real cheap. Hell scour ebay for people getting rid of it.

Wait they do still make erector sets right?

Kevin

5. skuzzy macrumors member

I use the same method for backups. I just have 2 of the 20-pack boxes that Western Digital ship bulk orders in. Keep them in there, and then in the garage. If you don't know any suppliers, go to a regular PC shop - they should have something for you.

6. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Hmm...any chance I can see a picture of that? :)