Hard Drive upgrade and windows xp single user

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bluecrow628, Jun 2, 2008.

1. bluecrow628 macrumors member

bluecrow628

I recently purchased a Hitachi 320gb 2.5" hard drive, which i am gong to replace my internal hard drive with. My internal hard drive is partitioned with boot camp to run windows alongside Mac OS. It is Windows XP Pro that I am running, and i had bought the single user edition, and used the serial to activate it. I am going to be using Super Duper! to clone my Hard Drive "Macintosh HD". I have two questions: When using super duper, i have only one copy from choice, which is "Macintosh HD". Does this mean both the Mac OS partition and the Windows partition will be copied, or just the Mac OS partition?
    My second question is will I be able to use the same serial key to activate Windows when I reinstall it on the larger replacement drive, if the Windows partition is not cloned?

Thanks

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

When you clone over it'll just be OS X that get cloned so you will need winclone,you shouldn't run into any activation problems but if you do there is a toll free number you can call just tell them you have upgraded your hardware ( on the same machine ) and they will give you a new key to type in