Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Just wondering what you're opinions might be on a new HD for my dual 2.7 powermac. I keep reading a lot of people go with the seagate drives because of the warranty, while others feel better with the hitachi drives. I'm looking at the 300gb-500gb range.

Also, anything I should know before doing the upgrade. Seems like a simple deal. My RAM is still stock with 512mb, which I'll hopefully be throwing down for at least 1gb more, maybe two as soon as I get back from NY in two weeks.

thanks for any advice, I appreciate it!

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
ill agree with that suggestion, i bought 6GB of ram from OWC for my dual 2.7 Powermac. and it works wonderfully.

I haven't yet added a hard drive, as apple was kind enough to upgrade me to a 400GB 7200rpm drive w/o tellin me :) ( i love those refurbished surprises )

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
amemoryoncelost said:
Just wondering what you're opinions might be on a new HD for my dual 2.7 powermac. I keep reading a lot of people go with the seagate drives because of the warranty, while others feel better with the hitachi drives. I'm looking at the 300gb-500gb range.

Also, anything I should know before doing the upgrade. Seems like a simple deal. My RAM is still stock with 512mb, which I'll hopefully be throwing down for at least 1gb more, maybe two as soon as I get back from NY in two weeks.

thanks for any advice, I appreciate it!

Definitely go for more RAM amemoryoncelost. 512MB of RAM is not enough to fully enjoy Mac OS in my opinion. :)

The RAM that macgeek2005 showed you looks like a good way to go. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.