Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Okay, so I've found Keith's iPod Photo Reader, but I just don't feel like I'm getting all the pictures that were on my iPod from it. Is there another program that will grab all the pictures and save them, or a way to get in there and grab them myself? I just want all my precious pictures back into iPhoto...

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
Funny you should post this now, I was coming on to find the same kind of thing :)

I had to wipe my computer and have a bunch of videos and music on my iPod, why the heck can't you get it back off the ipod?!

Its not stealing if its MY music!

MLeepson

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
USA
There's an app called Senuti which lets you take your music off your iPod. I don't know about photos and videos.

Wait :

Will Senuti recover my photos off of my iPod?

If you enabled the preference to copy the full resolution versions of your photos to your iPod, then you can enable disk use and copy them off in the Finder.

Will Senuti recover my videos off of my iPod?

Yes, they work just like songs.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Okay, so I've found Keith's iPod Photo Reader, but I just don't feel like I'm getting all the pictures that were on my iPod from it. Is there another program that will grab all the pictures and save them, or a way to get in there and grab them myself? I just want all my precious pictures back into iPhoto...
Depending on the status of the HD, and if you have a PC around, you could always try Spin Rite by Gibson Research.

Expensive, but well worth it if it can be used in your situation.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
There's an app called Senuti which lets you take your music off your iPod. I don't know about photos and videos.

Wait :
Wait, so enable disk use and I can just go right in there and grab them? I thought I had dis use enabled, I know I have full-res copies enabled.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Does it work under parallels?
No it will not.

Nor will it work under Bootcamp.

You can only use it on a PC that can boot from DOS.

BTW, I queried the folks at GRC about creating a Mac version. Right now they have no plan to do so.

So to use Spin Rite, you need a PC to connect the drive in question.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
So I have disk use enabled but can only see the .ithmb files.

I have 1008 pictures as it says on my iPod, yet I only found 666 with Keith's tool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.