Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
You should be able to... even if it is a fairly old drive with SATA I (1.5Gbps). If your mac is recent, it has a SATA II bus (3Gbps).

Apart from the speed difference, which will be limited by the drive, it should work OK.

jareddigby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
You should be able to... even if it is a fairly old drive with SATA I (1.5Gbps). If your mac is recent, it has a SATA II bus (3Gbps).

Apart from the speed difference, which will be limited by the drive, it should work OK.

I6s Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1

Last edited:

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
So, the answer is still yes, it should work. According to the specs (you can check them here using the serial of your machine), your 2006 MP has a SATA II bus (3Gbps). A SATA I drive will work, but it wont take advantage of the full bus speed. You can also check the Serial-ATA bus speed your system has in system profiler (About this mac>More Info, etc).

BTW, I don't think is a good idea to publish the Serial Number and Hardware UUID of your machine. I recommend you edit your last post and delete that info.

cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.