Hard Graft

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iamdavekennedy, Oct 17, 2012.

1. iamdavekennedy macrumors regular

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if theres anywhere that does iPhone 5 cases similar to this?

http://www.hardgraft.com/products/ph...tplus-heritage

Looked through the wallet iphone case thread but everyone in there seems to be going nuts for nasty plastic things with folding credit card pockets and well.. I can't say I'm a fan!

D

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

etsy.com

4. iamdavekennedy thread starter macrumors regular

Already checked it!

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

6. Joewat64 macrumors regular

Why not just order this one?

7. iamdavekennedy thread starter macrumors regular

Said they weren't shipping until mid-November, but I dropped them an email to see what the chances were of getting one earlier and they told me they'd had an order cancellation and it is now on it's way to me as of this morning!

Thanks for everyones help though!

8. glyde macrumors newbie

Looking at this as well for what obvious reasons to me: utterly gorgeous and grown up.

Don't know if you check this very often but would be interested in your impressions now that you have had this for a few months. Construction? Over all quality? Number of cards you are able to carry?

This is certainly no where close to the cheapest option for me; so I'm trying to do my research; however as this will cover me both from a case perspective and a wallet perspective, not so bad. Should point out that I have used the twelvesouth bookbook case for over a year, so I am used to "living with" a case wallet.

9. iamdavekennedy thread starter macrumors regular

Honestly, I would skip on it, nothing to do with the product, the quality was phenomenal and the staff lovely to deal with, well worth the money but in the end it just wasn't for me, it adds a LOT of bulk to the 5, about an inch extra height and almost the same in width due to the stitching etc, it was also very rigid, even the felt had the solidity of a carpet tile, it didn't have much play in it at all.

Once I got a few cards (only three) into the slots it was sitting about 2 inches wide and just not pocket friendly, even on a fitted jacket of mine it just wouldn't fit comfortably on the inner breast pocket.

All these things are obviously subjective, but I bought something nice to protect my phone whilst also removing the need for a separate wallet etc, and ended up with something that had more bulk than my even my wallet had full of coins with my phone slotted into it (just to test how thick that would be) and it's a thick leather thing!

In the end I returned it and as I said the staff were nothing short of accomodating, really nice guys and the products are fantastic, I'll be getting a laptop sleeve from them shortly but the phone case just added far too much bulk unfortubately.

Ended up getting something similar off Etsy for a lot cheaper that didn't actually add much to the phone!

10. Joewat64 macrumors regular