"Hard" MPB keys?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by migsev, Jul 28, 2009.

1. migsev macrumors regular

Now I could just be nitpicking, but I noticed an annoying "problem" with my MBP recently. The keys are supposed to be soft touch, meaning I don't have to apply lots of pressure for them to register. I grew used to typing with a light hand and it felt really comfortable.

I was editing a paper a few days back and had a lot of backtracking to do, hence the constant pressing of the left arrow key. I noticed that it required a lot more pressure for it to register. Seemed like its not soft touch at all. I've been playing around with it and there are times where I push it lightly (but enough for the button to sink, and with enough pressure that makes the other keys register) and the command doesn't register.

Its annoying the hell out of me. Anyone have any single key problems aside from me? Is it worth having my computer checked over this? I know its a small thing but its been bugging me. :mad:

I'm on a Late '08 2.4 MBP with the chicklet keys, if that matters.

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Where did you hear the keys were touch-sensitive?

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

OP, what planet are you from? We don't have touch sensitive keyboards here on Earth.

You can do repeated presses of a key by holding it down.

4. migsev thread starter macrumors regular

My bad, I meant soft touch instead of touch sensitive.

Point is, I seem to need to apply more pressure to the left arrow key for it to register.

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

More pressure than the other keys? If that is the case, you should get your keyboard replaced at an Apple store.