Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Ugh... also, SMS preview once again shows name of sender just like it did in 2.0 .... Apple has got to start playing smarter than this!

NeoMayhem

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
I restored my phone, but my simlock stayed. What did you do in order for it to get disabled?

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
I restored my phone, but my simlock stayed. What did you do in order for it to get disabled?

No, I'm talking about hard resetting iphone by holding down top button and home button for 15 seconds... I tried it on my iphone and my girlfriends iphone and got the same result... iphone won't prompt for simlock code when doing hard reset but will prompt for code when turning off by pressing top button for 3-5 seconds and sliding to the right...

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
The SMS preview thing can be changed in your setting. It's under the passlock in settings.

No, in 2.1 if you had sms preview set to off, it wouldn't show you the first line of the text nor would it show the sender. (what I liked) Now, 2.2 is back to the 2.0 way of things... It shows the name of the sender no matter what you select for sms preview. Kinda sucks when you'd like some anonymity of who's sending you a text when you lock your phone. Their choice, though, I suppose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.