Hard Reset Bypasses Simlock On 2.2!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by megapopular, Nov 21, 2008.

1. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Ugh... also, SMS preview once again shows name of sender just like it did in 2.0 .... Apple has got to start playing smarter than this!

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The SMS preview thing can be changed in your setting. It's under the passlock in settings.

3. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

I restored my phone, but my simlock stayed. What did you do in order for it to get disabled?

4. megapopular thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I'm talking about hard resetting iphone by holding down top button and home button for 15 seconds... I tried it on my iphone and my girlfriends iphone and got the same result... iphone won't prompt for simlock code when doing hard reset but will prompt for code when turning off by pressing top button for 3-5 seconds and sliding to the right...

5. megapopular thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, in 2.1 if you had sms preview set to off, it wouldn't show you the first line of the text nor would it show the sender. (what I liked) Now, 2.2 is back to the 2.0 way of things... It shows the name of the sender no matter what you select for sms preview. Kinda sucks when you'd like some anonymity of who's sending you a text when you lock your phone. Their choice, though, I suppose.