Hard Reset Required, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Johnny-Don, May 7, 2015.

1. Johnny-Don macrumors member

Johnny-Don

I just looked at my watch after wondering why a text notification went to my phone... blackness, press both buttons; nothing, hold down power button; nothing still. Had too google how to do a hard reset, that did the trick (Pressing down power and digital crown for approx. 10 seconds BTW). Just wondering if this is maybe happening to others. I'm writing it off as a 1.0 glitch.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I had to do that once. Also, yesterday, it didn't seem to want to unlock. Unpairing and re-pairing seemed to work. I'm chalking both up to 1.0 issues.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Update: I think the reason I had to unpair and re-pair my watch was that the corporate profile on my iPhone changed. Before, in the Apple Watch passcode settings, all the options were grayed out and set to the "off" position except the option to use a passcode. However, we require "complex" passcodes, which aren't possible. I see now that everything except the Erase Data is grayed out, and Unlock with iPhone is now hard-coded on. The upside is now I can use Apple Pay on my watch. The downside is that every morning the watch is locked until I unlock the iPhone (sometimes I need to "lock" and unlock the phone).

4. jeffm5690 macrumors regular

Same here and I had to repair. Hopefully will be fixed thru firmware...

5. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

The only time I have had to reboot my watch is when it stopped reading my heart rate. A reboot fixed it.

6. J.gerbes macrumors 6502

I had to do a reset when first pairing my phone. Not a great first impression, but no major issues since.