Hard Shell Latch, Speck, GlassBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by astudentis, Nov 23, 2008.

1. astudentis macrumors regular

Hey guys, I thinking of purchasing a hard case for my computer (GPB) from Speck...

1) I am not sure which one would be better suited for me... either the SeeThru Satin or the or just the SeeThru Hard shell

2) I am worried how the top shell would latch onto the upper part... notice on the new GBP, the screen is outlined with a little bit of rubber... how would the case latch onto that... i wouldnt want it to press down on the rubber and cause deformations if i decide to take it of.... any ideas?

2. astudentis thread starter macrumors regular

3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

IF you stop making up names for computer maybe people would understand what you're looking for ;)

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

was that really necessary.

To the OP the Speck See-Thru's have had a terrible rating and reputation and there seems no reason why these would be any better. The Satin I can't imagine solves the overall quality problem or the scratching that occurs. I would really just wait for the Incase to come out.

6. Mnstr macrumors newbie

Really?

I have had them on my MBP machines and never had any quality issues! They fit fine and come off easy. The MB my wife had did have the InCase on it and that thing was horrible. She could not tilt the screen back all the way. The scratching issue you mention I have ONLY seen discussed on the old plastic MB's since any dust that gets in between the machine and case could be abrasive. And what is the terrible reptuation they have? I have several cases by them and never had any issues. They seem to get good ratings from the people on Apple.com at least as good as the incase and in some cases better. So is this your opinion or some fact that you seem to know and no one else does? Plus last time I checked incase has no date announced on when they will have their case out. So if you want protection now seems silly to wait on the incase.

7. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

They are both hideous. My suggestion is get a nice sleeve and take care of the "GBP" or whatever silly nickname you want to give it.