Hard time deciding on retina mbp configuration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sacricide, Jun 17, 2012.

1. sacricide macrumors newbie

I am not normally a heavy user. I dont game. But i am however more involved in music production. This is probably the only thing ill be doing that will be more intensive task. I am although unable to really afford this price range 2200 is alot. I understand i WANT this device more than i need it. The new ultra slim form, and weight almost sold me it feels so nice compared to the 13" models.

So here i am, i want the entry level...and based on my research 8gb ram seems plenty. (user dependant) but heavier users said their footprint was never close to 8gb. I do see i will comprimise if i dont get a larger ssd, ram.

But at this point id be sleeping in the park if im not careful lol.

Is the craze getting to me? Should i pass up on the retina, and settle for less? Been scouring for almost a week and been unable to settle on anything

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. stormdanny macrumors newbie

True, normal MacBook Pro will suit your need.

4. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

Chalk up another vote for the regular MacBook Pro.

RAM depends on the kind of music production you're doing. I know a lot of guys who doing recording and they need all the RAM they can get.

But nice thing about the regular MBP is that you can easily update the RAM yourself. Start out with 8GB and go from there.