Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caspergirl

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
I’m about to buy an iPhone 11 pro. I’m waiting to see the space gray or the silver colour so I will decide then. I think I prefer the silver so let’s take that as a phone colour.

the first case I like is this one: https://www.spigen.com/products/iphone-11-pro-case-ultra-hybrid
with the black bumper. The transparent seems so bulky in the volume keys etc. Not sure if this is true though

the second one I like Is this one https://www.spigen.com/collections/...pro-case-quartz-hybrid?variant=30270434017327

amazing but I’m afraid that if I drop the phone the case will brake since it has tempered glass on it. Not sure if this thought is correct though.

i love the Apple leather cases but hate that they left the bottom unprotected. I have scratches.

ang experience with any of these two spigen anyone?

Attachments

• 541F6CFE-68ED-4505-A818-20D5C46CBCD3.png
    541F6CFE-68ED-4505-A818-20D5C46CBCD3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,303
Last edited:

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
I have both actually. I love Spigen cases. The quartz one I have in the glitter version and it’s one of my current faves!

caspergirl

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
given that you have both you are my person then. I’m scared that the quartz will broke in a case of a drop given that it has the tempered glass in the back. Is this true? is the protection the same For both cases?

Reactions: Crazyj414

AndrewS

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Bourbon Country
Get the Spigen Ultra Hybrid instead of the quartz hybrid. Clear plastic back instead of glass back. Looks great on my gold 11 pro. I'm impressed with it so far and got it cheap from Amazon.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
given that you have both you are my person then. I’m scared that the quartz will broke in a case of a drop given that it has the tempered glass in the back. Is this true? is the protection the same For both cases?

Sorry about the delay in responding. Hmm mine is all plastic and really grippy. I always worry about drop no matter what so that is why I have a speck case also which I love the speck grip cases. Honestly I think the ones I have are enough protection. I’m sure I’ll buy more though. I have a case problem.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I have an ESR clear case with a tempered glass back on my 11 Pro Max and I had a similar ESR case on my previous Xs Max. I’ve dropped both phones several times and so far the case is still intact. To be honest although it adds a slight bit more bulk although not too much the added protection is worth it. I rather the case itself break then the phone glass crack or shatter.

Reactions: caspergirl

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Just bought the quartz on sale on amazon. The fact that it’s so cheap makes me not care if the glass back breaks. As long as it protects my phone from scratches around the metal, I’m happy.

Still can’t decide if I should cancel the order and go naked or let the case come. First world problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.