Hard to Clean Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cmvsm, Oct 22, 2010.

1. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

This iPod Touch 4G is great, but the cleaning of the screen without a screen protector is very aggravating. Fingerprints, glue residue from the original packing paper, etc. is very hard to remove without a little elbow grease. At one point, I almost thought that my microfiber cloth had scratched it, but I just didn't put enough effort into removing the residue. Get a screen protector and its a moot point, but I don't ever remember my 3G being this difficult to clean just the little stuff.

I saw a video on Gizmodo I believe about how bad the screen was to clean, and I just gaffed it off, as you take those things with a grain of salt, but sure enough, it was correct.

2. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Moot point? Sure.

OP, try an alcohol swab with your normal cleaning regimen next time.

3. cmvsm thread starter macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Good idea Mr. Slippy. However, in case I'm out of alcohol and not close to a Walgreens, kerosine, 409, or lime juice will work just as well.

Guess you missed the point all together. Picking up a clean cloth without a chemical and wiping down in a couple of seconds is the preferred way instead of having the medicine, garage, and bathroom contents in my back pocket to assist in cleaning periodically. You can do this with the iPad and iPhone. I didn't think that the iPod Touch 3G had an oleophobic screen, but maybe it did.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The oleophobic screen started with the 3GS.

If it's the same glass as the iPhone 4 all I use is glasses cleaner and a microfiber cloth when it's really dirty. All other times it's just my t-shirt. I think it's easy to clean honestly.

5. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Sorry, read periodically as its defined, which led me to believe you're only cleaning it every so often. The screen is perfectly easy to clean and then to maintain between cleanings, so I honestly can't tell why you're complaining about the screen - or getting snippy with me.