hard to see screen outside on iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wetcanvas, Apr 28, 2015.

1. wetcanvas macrumors regular

I just got my first smartphone. I noticed when outside its almost impossible to see whats on the screen. Even putting my hand over the iphone 6 trying to block the sun I still could not see the screen. Not even a little bit. Does anyone know if there is possibly anything I can do at all to be able to see the screen better outside. Its about the only thing that bothers me about having the iphone.

2. whyflyguy macrumors newbie

Turn up your brightness all the way. I know, it can drain battery quicker but its a solution until you get back indoors.

3. wetcanvas thread starter macrumors regular

ok thanks. I had auto brightness off and brightness turned down all the way because I heard auto drains battery faster. I just turned it back on and see if it improves the situation. I tested in a dark room. The brightness was really low. Then I cranked the brightness all the way up on my laptop and had the screen face the iphone. I saw the brightness slowly turn up on the iphone. So theoretically it should work and turn the brightness up in sunlight. I will find out when I go out tomorrow afternoon.