Hardcore Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zeroh3ro, Dec 29, 2010.

1. zeroh3ro macrumors member

About to hit the slopes again in the new year, and abit worried about boarding with my iphone 4 in my pocket. Anyone recomend a really hardcore case that would withstand heavy hits (dose not need to be waterproof)

Cheers,

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I use the OB Defender. Real beefy and the plastic cover that goes over the screen sorta protects it from any water/snow getting in. If not this then you'd probably want to look at the Seidio Rugged.

3. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

Otterbox Defender
    Ballistic Cases
    Contour Case.

4. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Not the Contour case. I dropped it once as I was pulling it out of my pocket and the whole thing broke open. The clasp actually broke.

Also, of the two that I had (I returned the first one because of this) they didn't close all the way. The "seal" around the edge doesn't quite seal.

Go with the Ballistic case. Not fully waterproof obviously but it seals a little better than the OB. The OB has a bigger opening on the bottom and doesn't seal as much as the Ballistic.

The Defender is a better overall case though. Not quite as tight of a seal as the 3GS model which was kind of a bummer when I bought it. Still a better day to day than the Ballistic.

5. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

Definitely go with the defender...u can even find it at bestbuy

6. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I have the Otterbox defender however if I was snowboarding I'd be worried cause the defender IMO isn't snowboarding safe. I would look into a waterproof case.

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'll agree, I experienced it first hand. I usually use my phone with a bumper or naked and before I went boarding recently I put my phone into the Otterbox defender thinking it would be safe, and it ended up getting wet from the condensation I'm guessing because my phone was in my pocket and I did not drop it in the snow. Somehow it formed water bubbles under the screen, I gave it a few days hoping they would disappear and they did, luckily my phone still works fine. So my suggestion would be to not even bring your phone boarding because its not like you'd use it anyway, and chances are you wouldn't even have service. I did 1 run and I thought about it and said to myself, I'd never even use my phone anyway and put it in the car, and later saw the water bubbles under the screen when I took my phone out of the defender. The defender is definitely one of the best cases for impact protection IMO, but I wouldn't trust it snow boarding. Good luck.

8. zeroh3ro thread starter macrumors member

just got it off amazon for £21 im from the UK so dont have a bestbuy, ow how i want to move to the US

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The grass is always greener.