Harddrive space rapidly decreases to zero?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ASTRX, Mar 29, 2008.

1. ASTRX macrumors newbie

I have been using my MacBook for about 8 months and the last week something strange has happened. I have been on vacation and have had no access to my time machine partition.

Immediately on startup system disk space starts decreasing rapidly, sometimes several MB per second. It keeps decreasing until it reaches Zero kB available.
    I have no freaking idea what has happened. If I delete something, it start over until it reaches zero. Occasionally It has increased a little, only to start decreasing again.

The only thing I can recall doing is loading a couple of GBs of photos into iPhoto, but I still had about 10GB left. I did istall macfuse, dont know if that could have something to do with it.

Im about to try OmniDiskSweeper to see if i can find anything. Any help would be very appreciated.

2. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Try repairing your permissions and your disk through Disk Utility on your OS X Install DVD. Errors on your disk can cause your computer to incorrectly report free space.

If that doesn't work, you may have a run-away log. Try running WhatSize and see if you can find anything.