Harddrive Upgrade on AluMacbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by parkeyb, Oct 21, 2008.

1. parkeyb macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just wondering what everyone thought about me potentially upgrading the harddrive of my new 2.4 alumacbook which will be arriving next week. I was thinking of going to the Seagate 7200.3 ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4178475&sku=TMD-250AS ) but i was wondering if anyone thought this would be a foolish idea.

Can anyone tell me the real world changes i would see in that vs. the included hardrive (non SSD)? Is it worth the extra ~85$?

Any help would be appreciated here guys. :apple:

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I have the 320GB version of that drive in my (older) MacBook. It replaced a WD 250GB 5400RPM drive. Bootup is noticeably faster and the machine responds better (appears snappier). My battery life has also been extended because these drives are more efficient than most 5400RPM drives. I don't know if that is the case with the stock drive that comes with the new MacBook, however.

3. TFMTASAD macrumors regular

I ordered the 320gb version of this drive. I should be receiving it this week. I'll tell how it goes once I install it.

4. parkeyb thread starter macrumors newbie

alright well i just ordered it, thanks for the advice guys!